Thursday 30 July 2009

Shenae Grimes Style andBeauty Secrets


902010 star Shenae Grimes gave Seventeen magazine an interview and let them in on some of her fashion and beauty secrets during their quick Q&A -

Seventeen: Where are some of your favorite places to shop?
Shenae Grimes: I love Urban Outfitters — it's an amazing staple. Also, Forever 21 and H&M, though Barneys and Saks are two of my favorite stores in L.A.

17: What's the one thing in your closet you could never part with?
SG: Two things. A pair of Chanel pink-toe classic 2-inch pumps with a gold chain across the toe and quilted heel. And then my cropped blazer from Urban Outfitters that goes with everything.

17: What was the biggest bargain you've ever gotten?
SG: I always manage to find a really great (I'd like to think real) vintage bag. I have a vintage Chanel bag that I got at Wasteland for $40.

17: What are your three go-to beauty products?
SG: Nars bronzer is unbelievable and MAC. My number one beauty thing that I could not get rid of is La Roche-Posay — a facial tanner slash moisturizer that gradually tans you.

17: How do you style your hair?
SG: The way that my hair dries is the way I like it the best. Frederic Fekkai has a great curling cream. Those beachy sprays by Bumble and bumble are what I stick to. I usually accentuate with a straightening iron. It gives looser, more natural curl, than a curling iron!

17: Do you think people are starting to dress like you?
SG: Ha no! I think people started dressing like Mary Kate Olsen a long time ago. Her and her sister are some of my favorite designers. I've always been the girl the kids in school would be like, "what is she wearing!?" Then eventually some trends would stick.

17: Would you ever think about starting your own line?
SG: I've been thinking about it forever! I'd love to be a designer one day. I want to take baby steps. I think longevity is key in everything. Right now they're just thoughts. Hopefully things will come into fruition.

Check out seventeen.com for more info

Pic from Wire Image

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...